Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Disappointed but releaved





Well congratulations to everyone who got accepted to present next month at the Estrella Mountain College student conference.  Sadly, I will not be joining you all...I know right (I was thinking the same thing).  How does an experiment with so many great photos and evolution get over looked??  I guess it was the wording of my abstract that they didn't care too much for (that's what I keep telling myself anyways!!).  It turns out to be a blessing in disguise, I have a criminology final that day.  I did however hear from Amanda C that I will still be able to present my findings to the faculty here at PC so one way or another...I'll be presenting to someone.


Well as the semester is wrapping up, I have been asked to come in on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to help the Micro teacher, Jodi.  It has really be great so far.  I LOVED mirco...it was one of my most favorite science classes and now I get to do the labs all over again, sharpen my skills as I help the class.  It is really great to get to help the students and get to know them.  I thought that I would be more nervous then I was but I think that I fit in well and Jodi and I get along well together.


We have been working on the Kirby Bauer test and finding the best antibiotics for each students patient unknown.  It has proved to be difficult for a few students but sometimes all they need is a nudge in the right direction, with just a little research and stick-to-it-ive-ness, I know that the class will be successful.  Who knows...maybe there might be a teacher in me somewhere???

One a personal note....I was asked today by the chair of my department in Criminal Justice/Forensic Science to be a student speaker for our convocation.  It is truly an honor for me and I hope to inspire my fellow classmates with a parting words.

No comments:

Post a Comment