Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Preperation is key

As some of you may know, I am majoring in forensic science.  It is such a relatively new and fantastic field and I am so excited to be a part of it and extremely proud to be doing so well in it.  I have been looking for jobs in the area for when I graduate and I am so thankful that I will have a leg up on the competition, due to the experience and knowledge that I have/will gain here in the Biosciecne department.  As I look around my classrooms, I see all of the people that I will be competing against for jobs.  It is a competitive field, thanks to Hollywood's crime drama's like CSI.  I am certain that the experiments and daily functions that I preform here in the bio lab have prepared me well enough that in conjunction with my grades, I will be in shoe-in for a great career. 



This semesters project, Viral DNA in human genome, will solidify all that I have been working towards for the past 3 years.  The extraction, identification, and processing of human DNA is something that I hope to be doing on a daily basis when I finish here at PC and I will already have the background knowledge and the hands-on experience from here that I know, no one else will have .  I am really excited.  I have given a list of items to Matt to look into ordering and/or getting the recipes for some of the items that we do not have on hand in the lab, so as soon as it comes in, I can dive in to my experiment.  But for the time being, I am doing a lot of my research and setting up my work area, so that I can be as organized and effective as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment